Click here to download the PDF version of the By-Laws — trgc-by-laws
- 1. Election of officers will be held the last regularly scheduled meeting in June of each year. Officers to be elected shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and one or two three-year member(s) of the House Committee elected to fill Committee positions on a rotating basis each year with one vacancy every third year.2. Meeting time and date will be the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month with the meeting starting at 8:00 PM (DST) and 7:30 PM (EST) unless canceled by the President.
3. The following must be present to constitute a quorum. The President, or in his absence the 1st or 2nd Vice President and at least 5 members in good standing.
4. The President is automatically a co-chairman of all committees either elected or appointed. Committees consisting of three members or less shall have the co-chair appointed by the president. If a committee has more than three members, the committee members shall elect a co-chairman. A co-chairman not functioning to this elected capacity may be replaced by another vote of the committee.
5. Membership dues will be $30.00 per year and payable during the month of July. During the months of August and September a member who has not paid his/her dues shall be considered delinquent. After September 30th, a late fee of $10.00 will be assessed. An additional late fee of $5.00 will be assessed through December 31st, after which said member will be dropped from membership.
6. A person within one year of being dropped from membership, may be reinstated by paying one year’s dues plus a penalty equal to one year’s dues. This allows reinstatement without paying an initiation fee again.
7. A member in the Armed Forces will be carried as a member (without paying dues) until discharged from the service.
8. A member’s dependent child who is at least 15 years of age but has not reached their 16th birthday may join the club by paying only the yearly dues. Upon their 16th birthday all entry fees and dues must be paid in order to become a member.
9. Members are allowed (1) non-family guest over the age of 18 at any given time, for all ranges and bunkers.
10. When a member is in good standing has paid dues for 10 consecutive years and attained an age of at least 65, that person shall be issued a free lifetime membership.
11. A new member can join the club in June by paying the current initiation fee plus one year’s dues for the 13 months of the coming year.
12. A new member can join the club in the month of December or thereafter by paying the current initiation fee and a sum equal to one half of one year’s dues.
13. A member elected or appointed to any office or committee, if absent four meetings straight, can be replaced by the membership present; unless, due to sickness, work, or vacation. Then the member must notify the club.
14. A member with delinquent dues shall not participate in any private club activities.
15. A member arrested and convicted of any fish or game violation will be punished by the club.
16. Use of bottles or cans for target practice, or destruction of club property is strictly prohibited.
17. Any person consuming or who has consumed alcoholic beverages shall be disqualified from all shooting activities (including archery), and the handling of firearms on club property.
18. Fighting or violence on club property is prohibited.
19. When buying or selling club property, or borrowing more than $1,000, a special meeting shall be called and all members in good standing will be notified.
20. A member in violation of the by-laws shall have a hearing before the house committee.
21. Copies of the by-laws shall be printed. One copy shall be posted on the bulletin board at the clubhouse and the officers shall each receive a copy.
22. The house committee will consist of five elected members having staggered terms of three years in duration, so that a maximum of two new committee members will be elected each year. One alternate committee member will be appointed by the President each year. Vacancies during a term will be filled by appointments made by the President until the next election.
23. Honorary members shall not share in any club property.
24. Three black balls or more in a ballot for membership shall disqualify said applicant. Once disqualified, the applicant shall not be permitted to submit another application for a period of three months following such disqualification.
25. A member in good standing having paid a regular membership for ten consecutive years, may obtain a paid-up life membership upon paying a fee equal to ten times the yearly dues.
26. All motions involving the spending of club monies shall first be referred to the house committee for their recommendation before being voted upon at a regular meeting. Motions considered by the President to be of an urgent nature due to time may by-pass this stipulation.
27. The normal initiation fee shall be the sum equal to two times the yearly dues, but in no case less than $50.
28. Hunting on club property is for members in good standing only. NO guests, NO family, NO exceptions.
29. Members will be permitted one (1) portable tree stand on club property during hunting season. All club hunting areas are on a 1st come, 1st serve basis, regardless of where tree stands are placed. All tree stands must be removed from club property at the end of deer season each year.
30. All hunters MUST check in and out on the sign in/out sheet located in the front display case each and every day that you hunt of club property.
31. ATV’s, UTV’s, (side by sides) will be allowed beyond the clubhouse ONLY with a permit issued by the officers. In order to apply for a permit, you must provide insurance information and fill out a request form. Click here for the request form.
32. To amend the by-laws of the Tyler Rod & Gun Club, a motion must be made at a meeting with the by-laws changes read. The changes must be brought up at the next regular meeting and written in the minutes. At the third meeting, the changes must be brought up on the floor again, then and only then can a vote be taken. A two-thirds majority is needed to make changes.