Tyler Rod and Gun Club
Catfish Tournament Rules
- Boundaries: From New Martinsville Dam south to Willow Island Dam and anywhere in Middle Island Creek.
- All fishermen must comply with all Federal and State fishing regulations.
- Any legal natural or artificial bait will be allowed.
- Catfish must be at least 14” long to be weighed.
- All fish weighed in must be caught by rod and reel during tournament hours. No snagging, jugging, trot lines, etc…
- In case of a tie the team/person with the longest measured fish will be declared the winner.
- No refunds will be given.
- No late weigh-ins will be allowed! Late arrivals will be disqualified, no exceptions!
- $20 per team entry fee. Individuals may enter for $10. 12 years old and under $5.
- Fish must be alive to be weighed, no dead fish will be weighed. Fish will be released after weigh-in.
- Arguing or fighting will not be tolerated.
- Pay out for winners will be 1st place – 60%. 2nd place – 30%. 3rd place – 10%.
- A maximum of four fish will be weighed.
- Additional smallest and biggest fish purses may be entered for $5 each and will paid out in full.
Registration will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Tyler Rod and Gun Club. Club is 5.5 miles from Route 2 in Friendly. Located at Little, WV near Hissam’s Cabins. Tournament will run from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Fish must be weighed in before 9:00 a.m.
For information on the Tyler Rod & Gun Club or the Catfish Tournament, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/tylerrodandgunclub/ .
Have fun and be safe
Rules subject to be reviewed and revised as necessary
155 Shiloh Rd.
Friendly, WV 26146