All meetings will be held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm (during daylight savings time, it will be held at 8 pm).
The Club Picnic that was scheduled for September 21 has been canceled. It will be re-scheduled for a later date and will be posted here and on facebook.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Due to the July 4th holiday falling on the first Thursday of the month, there will be no meeting on that day. The next meeting will be held on July 18.
We hope that everyone enjoys a safe and happy Independence Day!
God Bless America!
When: Saturday, July 13 at 11am
Bring your Six Shooter, Lever Action Rifle and Shotgun and see how the West Was Won! Bring your LIL Pards too! Don’t forget to wear your best Western attire (not required, but makes it more fun)!
$15 Gets you to shoot, $10 for each re-shoot.
There will be 4 stages:
Stage 1 – Six Shooter (Single Action)
Stage 2 – Shotgun (double barrel, lever action or pump)
Stage 3 – Close Range Rifle (Lever action open sites 19 yards)
Stage 4 – Long Range Rifle (Lever Action open sites 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards)
There will be Baked Beans over the fire and Cowboy Brewed Coffee! Other refreshments will be available as well.
Come join the fun!
Here is the list of the Tyler Rod and Gun Club 2018 Registered Shoots
|Tyler Rod & Gun Club 2018 Registered Trap Shoots|
|March 1||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|March 3||Singles Marathon||10:30 A.M.|
|March 8||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|March 10||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|March 15||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|March 17||Handicap Marathon||10:30 A.M.|
|March 22||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|March 24||Doubles Marathon||10:30 A.M.|
|March 29||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|March 31||Singles Marathon||10:30 A.M.|
|April 5||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|April 7||Handicap Marathon||10:30 A.M.|
|April 12||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|April 14||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|April 19||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|April 21||Doubles Marathon||10:30 A.M.|
|April 26||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|April 28||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|May 3||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|May 10||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|May 12||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|May 17||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|May 24||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|May 26||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|June 7||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|June 16||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|June 28||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|July 5||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|July 7||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|July 19||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|July 28||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|August 2||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|August 11||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|August 23||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|September 6||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|September 15||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|September 20||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|September 29||100 Bird Event||Singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|October 4||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|October 13||100 Bird Event||singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
|October 18||Big 50||5:30 P.M.|
|October 27||100 Bird Event||singles, Handicap, Doubles||10:30 A.M.|
Tyler Rod and Gun Club
Catfish Tournament Rules
- Boundaries: From New Martinsville Dam south to Willow Island Dam and anywhere in Middle Island Creek.
- All fishermen must comply with all Federal and State fishing regulations.
- Any legal natural or artificial bait will be allowed.
- Catfish must be at least 14” long to be weighed.
- All fish weighed in must be caught by rod and reel during tournament hours. No snagging, jugging, trot lines, etc…
- In case of a tie the team/person with the longest measured fish will be declared the winner.
- No refunds will be given.
- No late weigh-ins will be allowed! Late arrivals will be disqualified, no exceptions!
- $20 per team entry fee. Individuals may enter for $10. 12 years old and under $5.
- Fish must be alive to be weighed, no dead fish will be weighed. Fish will be released after weigh-in.
- Arguing or fighting will not be tolerated.
- Pay out for winners will be 1st place – 60%. 2nd place – 30%. 3rd place – 10%.
- A maximum of four fish will be weighed.
- Additional smallest and biggest fish purses may be entered for $5 each and will paid out in full.
Registration will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Tyler Rod and Gun Club. Club is 5.5 miles from Route 2 in Friendly. Located at Little, WV near Hissam’s Cabins. Tournament will run from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Fish must be weighed in before 9:00 a.m.
For information on the Tyler Rod & Gun Club or the Catfish Tournament, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/tylerrodandgunclub/ .
Have fun and be safe
Rules subject to be reviewed and revised as necessary
155 Shiloh Rd.
Friendly, WV 26146
Here is the list of the Tyler Rod and Gun Club 2017 Registered Shoots (the list is also placed on the clubs home page).
We will be holding our annual Wild Game Dinner on February 11, 2017 @ 1 p.m. Come out and treat your taste buds to some delicious and unique wild game. A covered dish (vegetables or desserts) is appreciated.